Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cheese Making Workshop, Part Three

While the cheese making was fun, my favorite part was actually milking the goats. Everybody got a chance to milk Co Co.

Co Co stands on the milking stand and is held in place by the stanchion.

This was the end result, raw goat milk.

Everybody got a chance to try it - and everybody did. To my knowledge, they are all still alive too. Many were apprehensive about trying it but they soon realized that was just silly because it tasted delicious. I'm not a milk expert; I rarely drink it (intolerance). To me it tasted like warm, whole milk. Quite good!

5 comments:

Sjs said...

did you know how cheese was invented? It wasnt necessity, it was an
accident,

Paul said...

Well, s.j./gurpreet, you really want us to know something.

*sigh* I guess it is time to turn on comment moderation.

Unknown said...

So will you open your farm up my way?

Paul said...

Mimi, we'd love to but it just won't happen yet. We found a beautiful place in Niagara. We could afford it, but only with my current job's salary. I could have probably worked remotely for a year or two but then we would have been stuck. Too early for anything to really pan out and to far from software jobs. So right now I'm still reading everything I can and trying to learn as much as possible as we work towards it. Thank you so much for your email.

Unknown said...

I am so glad I came upon your cheese making workshop posts. I have always wanted to make my own cheese, but it seemed so daunting. Mine will have to be based on cow's milk since that is what I have access to.
Wish me luck!!

teeth bleaching